IR sensor with black printbite?

• Hi,
    I've searched the forum, but I couldn't find an obvious answer (sorry if I missed one)…

Does anybody know if the IR Height Sensor will work accurately with my black gloss printbite printing surface?

Thanks,
    Andy

• It works with my white printbite.

• Thanks - that sounds promising.

• @Shen:

It works with my white printbite.

I confirm it.
    I am using David's IR sensor more than a year on clear (milky) Printbite and it working brilliant!

• administrators

If you have the choice, I recommend using an opaque PrintBite rather than a transparent one.

• Thanks everybody - I've ordered a couple of IR sensors & will test with the black printbite surface.

My main concern was that I have the gloss surface instead of the matt one.

• My white printbite is also glossy, so it shouldn't be a problem for you. I'm using the printbite on a buildtak flex plate, along with some other build surface. The only issue I have it the glossy printbite surface has a different trigger distance from my other build surface, so whenever I switch, I have to change the trigger distance.

• Any luck with the black printbite? Would love to see some pics of your levelling grids. I have the gridded printbite surface and it doesn't work on that.

I'm yet to decide if it is a dodgy IR sensor, or if it is hitting the grids and causing a strange pattern.

My bed levelling came out as such –

I could rip off my old printbite and buy a new one, or I could get it to only take readings from within grids, but my current set up works without an IR sensor… it is really only to have a digital readout of my bed flatness that I care about so I'm yet to take the plunge. Let me know how black printbite works though and maybe i'll take the plunge

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.