Z probe at 1000 on 0.8.5 and bed leveling issue.

• My problem is two-fold so I apologize if this isn't the correct forum.

First, I ordered and installed the new smart effector and my probe was reading 1000 all the time on my 0.8.5 board. I shorted the pins to ground at the 8 pin connector end and then directly on the board and there was no change. I changed the M558 from a P5 to a P1 as suggested by another user and it seemed to work.

Secondly, I upgraded to the 1.19 firmware and the bed leveling routine is doing something crazy. It seems like it is doing the same routine over and over again. I tried v 1.20 beta and it has the same problem. I was going to go back to 1.18 but I couldn't find it in the archived versions, so I installed 1.17e and the bed leveling routine works as expected.

Is anyone else with a 0.8.5 experiencing this problem with their bed leveling routine, and have they been able to get it working as a P5 type probe?

• administrators

1. P5 should work OK on the 085 board, but I haven't tested it recently.

2. See #3 at https://duet3d.com/wiki/Common_problems_and_their_solutions.

• Thank you for the response. I will delete the deploy and retract files. Perhaps it is time to upgrade my 0.8.5.

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.