Acceptable deviation after auto-calibration?

• Hi all,
    As I am new to deltas, Duet and RepRap firmware I have been sifting through endless chunks of text both here, at RepRap forums and wiki getting to know the inner workings of this new stuff. I have been building, tweaking and using cartesian machines for a little more than two years using both Arduino and Smoothie based control boards.

I have just finished a custom delta based on the Kossel mini design but key parameters differ from f ex T3dP3D Mini Kossel. After +20 hours of tinkering I have been able to finally do an auto calibration using the G32 in the web interface (13 points, 6 factors) and iterated to a deviation of 0.038. It doesn't seem to get better than that.
    Is this an acceptable amount of deviation?

• i have 0.100 deviation and i print very high quality the limits are the sensors you use i run duet with FSR and since i have a filaprint everything sticks and the first layer looks like its molded just try to print the best deviation i have achieved was 0.078 and it makes literally no difference to me even when using 0.05 layers i would say try a few prints and see what you can do

• @Gosu:

i have 0.100 deviation and i print very high quality the limits are the sensors you use i run duet with FSR and since i have a filaprint everything sticks and the first layer looks like its molded just try to print the best deviation i have achieved was 0.078 and it makes literally no difference to me even when using 0.05 layers i would say try a few prints and see what you can do

OK, thanks. It seems that I'm on the right track. I also use FSRs with a small JohnSL controller board. I find that there is real challenge to get the glass plate fixed without interfering with the operation of the FSRs so I designed a tailor-made bed holder + clip and I'm in the progess of adjusting it just right at the moment. I'm not very far from my first delta-made print now…

BTW, do you use bed levelling also (G29)?

/Thom

• Yes thats what im saying its very hard to get a low deviation i have a heavy aluminium heatbed wich makes triggering a little bit delayed but after adjusting trigger heights its perfect and i can print whatever i want on my rostock max v2 310 mm build plate just g32 before each print and swoosh

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.