Duet Wifi GCode corruption when downloading over wifi

  • I have been having a problem recently that when uploading mostly large gcode files there is about a 50% chance that a few lines of the file will be corrupted. I have attached two gcode files as an example, one which is directly from the slicer and one downloaded from the duet wifi after uploading, look around line 544744 to see the start of the corruption. This is really annoying as it causes the print to proceed as per usual til it hits the corrupotion at which point the print head usually smashes into the object, ruining the print and causing a potential fire hazard. There is a good wifi connection at all times in the upload process. Thoughts? (sorry if i haven't formatted this properly / given enough info, first time posting on the forums)

  • I'd be happy to try uploading to a couple of duets, then comparing a download, etc.

    However, I do not see any attachments. Can you put them someplace public and link to them?

  • oops, forgot to attach them, what an idiot! I also seem to have overwritten the original gcode for the part, i can only provide the Corrupted file , but it should be enough to get the gist across. EDIT: here's the same model resliced, the gcode is slightly different cause i can't get the same variable layer height settings but its pretty close.

  • administrators

    @elektrobomb are you able to try a different SD card. Or maybe scan your SD card on pc to map any bad sectors?

  • I uploaded the resliced file to, and downloaded from, a Duet running:

    Firmware Name: RepRapFirmware for Duet WiFi
    Firmware Electronics: Duet WiFi 1.0
    Firmware Version: 1.20 (2017-12-23)
    WiFi Server Version: 1.20
    Web Interface Version: 1.20

    With no issues. I used windiff to compare, and the files are identical.

  • administrators

    Thanks for doing the check. I think @Elektrobomb should s an the SD card as maybe that is he source of corruption.

    Maybe a feature request to have optional Hashes for gcode files....

  • I had a similar issue with my GCode files getting corrupted which I ended up attributing to the SD card. The second half of my GCode files would "disappear" after 30-60 minutes of printing. The printer thought that it had finished printing since it reached the end of the file. However this meant that it never got to any of the end GCode, so the print head was just sitting next to the half finished part with all the heaters still on. For me, the file corruption did not happen immediately after upload. I would upload a file and then while it was printing I would periodically download it to verify it was complete. I reformatted the SD card and the issue disappeared.

  • okeydoke, thinking about it i have had a problem in the past where my firmware got corrupted and i had to reinstall it, but i did it on the same sd card. sounding much more likely that the sd card is the option. ill buy a nice one and see if that fixes it.

  • administrators

    @elektrobomb make sure it's less than 32gb SDHC is fine SDXC is too big

  • thanks. will do 🙂

Log in to reply