12V on duetwifi + duex5

• Hi all,

I am about to pair my duex5 with my duet wifi and bring my input voltage to 24V.

I can't find a good picture of the intended mechanical mounting of the 2 PCBs, is it simply back to back with standoffs? can people who went this route show me picture of their installation for inspiration please?

I would like to get the 12V from the embedded duex5 power supply for my general 12V needs (I guess it's mostly fans) I can't seem to find a breakout pin to bring it back to the big duet wifi, did I miss something on the schematics?

thanks all for your help.

• administrators

The intended mounting is either back to back using standoffs, or side-by-side with the VIN terminal blocks next to each other.

Current DueX5 boards don't have a 12V output pin, however if you set the fan voltage selector jumper to 12V then you can pick up 12V from any of the fan ouputs connectors on the DueX.

• @nraynaud said in 12V on duetwifi + duex5:

Hi all,

I am about to pair my duex5 with my duet wifi and bring my input voltage to 24V.

I can't find a good picture of the intended mechanical mounting of the 2 PCBs, is it simply back to back with standoffs? can people who went this route show me picture of their installation for inspiration please?

I would like to get the 12V from the embedded duex5 power supply for my general 12V needs (I guess it's mostly fans) I can't seem to find a breakout pin to bring it back to the big duet wifi, did I miss something on the schematics?

thanks all for your help.

0_1528911527385_DSC_0037.jpg

Does this help I have used 20mm nylon M3 standoffs

• Thanks you all.

dc42> may I suggest you break out the 12V with an actual 2A capable connector for the next revision? This is a really compelling power rail.

• administrators

@nraynaud said in 12V on duetwifi + duex5:

Thanks you all.

dc42> may I suggest you break out the 12V with an actual 2A capable connector for the next revision? This is a really compelling power rail.

Already done!

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.