Timer possible?

• I connected a led strip to on of my heater outputs, and can switch it on and of with macro's.
    But i would like to have to have it switched off after xxx time. Is this available in the firmware?
    Many thanks,
    Rudy

• You could have it turn off at the end of a print... But I don't think there is a seperate timing function that wouldn't tie up the system like G4 to dwell.

• Yes, at this moment that is a option, but the lights may go out after some 20minutes or so, like on my Ultimaker.

• administrators

@rudydg At this point in time there is no seperate timer option in firmware to take a specified action after a period of time. I have moved this discussion to the firmware wishlist however it may be some time before it is implemented.

An alternative (although not perfect) would be fore you to use a slicer plugin to add a call to the LED turn off macro at (say) layer 10. That will of course depend on how long the layers take but it could help for now.

• @t3p3tony said in Timer possible?:

@rudydg At this point in time there is no seperate timer option in firmware to take a specified action after a period of time. I have moved this discussion to the firmware wishlist however it may be some time before it is implemented.

An alternative (although not perfect) would be fore you to use a slicer plugin to add a call to the LED turn off macro at (say) layer 10. That will of course depend on how long the layers take but it could help for now.

Yes, this can help me for now. didn't think about this solution.
    Thanks

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.