Allow movement without homing

• How do I allow movement of the printhead (via paneldue) without requiring homing first?

• I don't have a panel due, but I imagine you could execute a macro that has M564 H0. this allows movement before homing.

• As mentioned check out M564 but be aware that the homing parameter has no effect on a delta printer.

Frederick

• Well I typed M564 H0, but it is not letting me lower the extruder past G1 Z0.

• @jml said in Allow movement without homing:

Well I typed M564 H0, but it is not letting me lower the extruder past G1 Z0.

M564 takes two parameters.

The H parameter determines if movement is allowed on axes that have not been homed

The S parameter determines if movement is allowed outside the min/max values for an axis.

Frederick

• Oops yeah I had it fix my first problem which is the problem I mentioned above. Then I had a second problem which M564 also solved and thought just H0 would work - and when it didn't I also thought I had originally asked about both problems but I didn't!

• Its all good now

• @jml said in Allow movement without homing:

Its all good now

Glad to hear it is working for you.

Frederick

• administrators

To allow movement below Z0 you can also adjust the M208 S1 command, e.g. M208 S1 Z-1 will allow movement down to Z=-1. You should only use M564 S0 if you want no limits at all on any axes.

• @dc42 I see, good point.

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.