DuetEth not responding to Pings until after reboot

• My Duet2 board is randomly not talking on the network. As I have had random disconnects for a while, I don't know if this started with different firmwares, or the DWC 2 RCx... But not (I believe after a recent update), I have to reboot my Duet2 to get it talking again. So far the reboots appear to only occur if I am actually using the DWC, when it will stop responding.
    I wish I thought to test with pings before I upgraded to DWC 2, to see how severe it was, but only thought of it now, and see it doesn't respond to Pings. When this is severe (doesn't respond to DWC for minutes), I have to reboot the Duet2 to get it working on the network again. Generally it DWC comes back within <30 seconds, or not at all.
    The touch screen was working during this time, but didn't check the console to see if it had anything useful before cutting power - my bad....

I have DuetEth board so WiFi isn't in the equation.

Duet Web Control 2.0.0-RC3

Electronics: Duet Ethernet 1.02 or later + DueX5
    Firmware: RepRapFirmware for Duet 2 WiFi/Ethernet 2.02(RTOS) (2018-12-24b1)

I have the eventlog recording data, but it didn't catch anything.... Is there a more detailed/verbose debug I can use that will not affect printing?

2019-01-05 17:23:45 Finished printing file 0:/gcodes/3D_Printer_test_fixed_stl_3rd_gen.gcode, print time was 3h 57m
    ---- This is where the network stopped responding -----
    power up + 00:00:00 Event logging started

Thank you!

• administrators

When you lose the connection:

1. If you can connect a PC via USB and send M122 from it, the diagnostic report may reveal something.

2. Have you tried sending M552 S-1 followed by M552 S1 from PanelDue, to see if it then reconnects? Those commands will reset and restart the network interface.

• I am assuming you would like the Diagnostic report when the issue occurs, and not now, after I rebooted it. Next time it happens I will setup a laptop to connect to it and pull a diagnostic report via USB.

Is there a way to Run the Output of M122 to a file?

I didn't know how to reset the NIC. I was looking for a way to just check the current IP using the PanelDue, but didn't find that info until shortly after I already powered off/on the printer. I will try that next time.

Thanks @dc42!

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.