Generating PanelDue - no .bin file issue

  • Yesterday I setup a dev environment as per the BuildInstructions at

    I select the Release-5.0i-7.0i version to build. Build goes without errors and I end up with a Release-5.0i-7.0i directory that contains a src/ and PanelDue-5.0i-7.0i.elf and .map files but no .bin file.

    I've searched here but the posts I've found don't solve my issue. I did install eclipse and the source tree exactly as described in the build instructions so my paths should all be correct. I'm using the internal builder. I verified that the paths to the splash screens are correct. No problems were reported when the build completed. How can I generate the .bin file?


  • It seems like the post-build step is not being executed. I've looked in the log files and see no traces of it and nothing shows up on the build console. I'm not an Eclipse user so I'm not sure how to debug this.

  • So I copied the command for the post-build step and replaced the symbols with wired paths and ran it from a shell. This worked fine and I got a .bin file. I haven't flashed it to test yet but at least that part worked. Now the question is, why isn't it working from Eclipse?

  • Are you building on Windows, Linux or MacOS?

  • Building on Windows 10 as per the build instructions.

  • So, I am able to flash the firmware to the PanelDue. If I build with -nologo the PanelkDue boots without showing the splash. If I build with a splash screen it shows that splash. I mention this because it verifies that I am building and successfully running my .bin file. However, none of the changes I've made to the sources show up.

    first I tried changing the nozzle 1 icon (both the 22 and 30 pix high versions) simply by filling in the number. Clean, build, deploy, and the new icon does not show up.

    So I edited the STOP string to STOP in Strings.hpp. clean, build, deploy and again, nothing changes on the paneldue.

    Any suggestions? I see that the .o files are all correctly time stamped for a clean build as are the .elf and .bin files.

  • Now I've replaced the splash screen so I know I am building and deploying but none of the UI tweaks I mentioned above are showing up on the panel, Very odd.

    For now, I'm just running the .elf to .bin utility from a batch file. I still don't know why Eclipse is not running the post -build step.

  • Not sure if you find the same thing I am finding.

    But I would compile the paneldue and I received no error's.
    but when I would look in the release folder form inside eclipse
    it would not show any .bin files I thought it didn't compile but when I used the file explorer
    and searched the directory they were there...

Log in to reply