that's a premier for me too, but we'll try.
With a toolchanger you could poll the diameter of the current tool in tpost#.g by using M118 S2 P"toolnumber"
Now the arduino reads this message and sends the aquired data, but here it get's shady for me. It is easy to receive messages and display them on DWC, but reading data into a global variable is unknown to me. I tried it over I2Cport, but fell into the same dark hole...
Maybe @dc42 has a solution now?
@krohm-koala - Thank you for your reply. I was just trying to point out that you should value your own time, even a day developing your own and you are basically valuing your time at very little per hour after material costs. Thats why we made them available for others. Take care.
Well, I took the plunge and updated to firmware 3.1.1
A few things were a royal pain, things that I'd tuned that needed finding and re-entering. Like extruder steps that were entirely wrong. There didn't seem to be a spot in the configurator for using 2 motor drives for the Z axis, Pressure advance needed tuning, and it scared the crap outta me when it said that the heat bed was faulting. (PID tuning needed to happen again.) All that stuff I figured out 2 years ago and have since forgotten.
I just picked up a few of these fysetc panels (LCD800480 V1.1). The important thing to look at is that yes its more like a paneldue 7i in form factor, but the back of the pcb says it is based on the paneldue v3 not the 7i. So once I flashed the board with PanelDue-v3-7.0.bin files everything was as expected now.
Thanks for confirmation of the correct firmware version. Although I had tried that firmware first with no success. However I didn’t pay attention to the file size so I decided to redownload the firmware and made sure the file size was accurate. I then proceeded to reinstalled the firmware, and unfortunately the issue persist. I will reach out to E3D whom my wife purchased it from as my xmas gift.
I should also note that I filed a warranty claim just in case as I could not get it working. I tried powering the board off the duet as well as connected to 3 different computers, with and without the data lines in between the Duet and screen and still no luck. Rolland has said he will send me out a new one, which is amazing service.
@rockydubb You need to either create all the folders that are in that M98 path, or change the M98 to point to the correct folder where you have put the macro. As it is, the M98 points to a macro called "Allow unhomed moves" which is in a folder called "Diagnostics", which in turn is in a folder called "Phaedrux Tuning Macro's" which in turn is in a folder called "macros" which resides in the root.