Smart Effector and sudden sensitivity issues.

• Soo, all of a sudden my smart effector has become hyper sensitive and is not usable for calibration. Even if i turn down accel to 100 and change to M672 S105:150:105 (ive tried from 55:100 and up) i see triggers during probing moves.

When the probe does make bed contact, it is common to see the printer drive it to far, so you hear that it skips a few steps.

This is with the heat sink fan on or off, does not really matter.

I also found this thread https://forum.duet3d.com/topic/6898/delta-smart-effector-sensitivity-problem, which the forum said was old so I should start a new one. That thread seem to indicate hardware issues with smart effector. Is that still the consensus with these issues? I would (of course) like to avoid having to purchase a new effector if possible 😕

System:
    Board: Duet WiFi 1.02 or later
    Firmware: RepRapFirmware for Duet 2 WiFi/Ethernet 2.03 (2019-06-13b2)
    Duet WiFi Server Version: 1.21

Note: You can install updates on the System page.

• administrators

@janjoh When you tap it does the trigger light show? When it's moving does it show constantly? Has anything else changed? I wonder if there is another source of interference, the typical culprit is the heatsink cooling fan but you have tried with that off.

• @T3P3Tony

No, nothing else has changed. The only maintenance done (which was done about 2 weeks prior) was me having to remove the Zesty Nimble because of snapped filament. I could not get at the remainder with the extruder mounted. I DO acknowledge that it leads me to reason that i may have upset the smart effector during that maintenance, but I can not really understand why as i wasnt very "violent" 🙂

Yes, if i tap it the light shows. When moving (even under very low accel) the light is pretty much constant until i start going above 100:55 on sensitivity.

I have ordered a new effector (My wallet dislikes me now 😉 )