FT-5 wiring question

• The FT-5 has 2 y motors. What is best use the one y driver on the board or add a expansion board for second motor?

• There's a stepper driver that has two connections, you could use that driver for Y.

You could also connect the steppers in series, and connect them to a single port. Or you could assign them to two different stepper drivers, since there's a total of 5 on the board. Z, Y1, Y2, X, E.

• Heres what I use

M584 X0 Y1:4 Z2 E3                             ; Map to specific drives

M569 P0 S0                                     ; Drive 0 - X
    M569 P1 S0                                     ; Drive 1 - Y
    M569 P2 S1                                     ; Drive 2 - Z
    M569 P3 S0                                     ; Drive 3 - E0
    M569 P4 S1                                     ; Drive 4 - Y

• The Folger Tech FT-5 has 2z , 2y, 1x. So if I just use the Duetwifi with out the Duex2/5 I will have to connect the Y steppers in series. Can I series the Y steppers without causing problems or should I add the Duex2/5?
    Can the E1 be mapped to run second y steppers?

• Yes, you can series the Y motors. That's what's happening on the stepper driver that has two connectors.

Yes, you can also run the second Y from E1, as commented above.

• @elmoret:

Yes, you can series the Y motors. That's what's happening on the stepper driver that has two connectors.

Yes, you can also run the second Y from E1, as commented above.

Thanks

• @Texzin:

The Folger Tech FT-5 has 2z , 2y, 1x. So if I just use the Duetwifi with out the Duex2/5 I will have to connect the Y steppers in series. Can I series the Y steppers without causing problems or should I add the Duex2/5?

My config above is for a FT5 Z is on the Z port (both connectors).

• @iDevelo:

@Texzin:

The Folger Tech FT-5 has 2z , 2y, 1x. So if I just use the Duetwifi with out the Duex2/5 I will have to connect the Y steppers in series. Can I series the Y steppers without causing problems or should I add the Duex2/5?

My config above is for a FT5 Z is on the Z port (both connectors).

Thanks