DuetWiFiFirmware minor release 1.15c

• administrators

I have just released this at https://github.com/dc42/RepRapFirmware/tree/dev/Release. Here is the change log:

• Increased the maximum number of probe points to 64 on Duet WiFi and 32 on Duet 0.6/0.8.5
    • Added move debug facility
    • Added recording and reporting (via M122) of more types of move underrun
    • Use fabsf instead of fabs
    • M21 no longer re-mounts a drive that is already mounted and has open files on it
    • Added "volumes" variable in extended status response
    • Report card details after M21 is called to mount an SD card
    • After a heater gets to within 2.5C of its setpoint, the load-change PID parameters are used until the setpoint is changed. Previously the load-change PID parameters were used only while the temperature was within 1C of the setpoint.
    • Bug fix: corrected M37 reporting of simulation time
    • Bug fix: M220 speed changes were not being implemented as soon as they should be
    • Bug fix: lookahead was sometimes failing to join sequences of short decelerating moves together
    • Bug fix: at startup the thermistor readings were sometimes very high, which triggered a bug in strtod() called in PanelDue firmware 1.14 and earlier

It's compatible with DuetWiFiServer 1.02 and earlier, and DuetWebControl 1.12.

• It seems you changed the way the E endstops work (using them for FSR board). I no longer have to have a jumper to change it to NC. Almost had an issue during a print just now.

• administrators

No, I haven't made any changes in that area.

• Then I'm not quite sure what happened. I made a print two days ago with auto calibration and it worked fine. I then loaded the new firmware yesterday, started another print, and it wasn't probing the bed anymore since it was already triggered. I didn't make any changes to my config file other than to adjust for the z offset.

• After a restart the behavior has reverted back to normal. Not sure what caused it.

• I just had the same problem with the FSR sensors (JohnSL board). With 1.15c when I try an auto bed calibration on my delta, it says the endstops are already triggered. No hardware change. Reverted back to 1.15b and it works again. I tried rebooting the duet wifi, but that didn't help.

I do have a 17 point bed.g file. 10 points on perimeter and 6 points halfway in and one in the center. Don't know if that matters.

I do have the jumper on the JohnSL board to make the board look like (I think) a normally closed switch. This didn't get changed between firmware.

Not sure why but it is something different in 1.15c.

• Having the same problem, going from 1.15b to 1.15c . Worked fine with 1.15b but 1.15c bring up " Z probe warning: probe already triggered at start of probing move" .

• administrators

Those of you who are having Z probe trouble going from 1.15b to 1.15c, what probe type do you have set in M558, and how do you have the probe connected?

• Mines connected 3x fsr to JohnSL board to the duet via e0 endstop I think. Set at 4 on m558.

Worked fine in 1.15b, upgraded to 1.15c no longer working so downgraded again and back up and running. Hope that helps DC!

• Mine is connected to the E0 endstop.
    Jumper on JohnSL board is set for NC

M558 P4 X0 Y0 Z0
    M574 X2 Y2 Z2 S0 // hall effect switches at the top of each delta tower
    G31 X0 Y0 Z0 P500

Thanks DC

• Do you ever sleep?Thx for the update!!!

• Not sure if this is a Duet WiFi firmware issue, or chrishamm's web page. Running 1.15c with web interface 1.12 on a brand new Duet WiFi on a brand new CoreXY. All is working fine, very quiet and no problems! 🙂

Very minor issue, the web page always reports that the build has 500 layers, no matter how many there really are. (This model actually has 236 layers.)

EDIT: The root cause is likely that the model height is incorrect

Always comes through as 100mm.

• I seem to remember reading something somewhere about the firmware finding the object height by reading the last G1 Z command in the gcode file. If you have a G1 Z at the end of your print to lift the head, that can screw it up. You can still lift the head but use G0 instead of G1 (does the same thing I think).

• @deckingman:

I seem to remember reading something somewhere about the firmware finding the object height by reading the last G1 Z command in the gcode file. If you have a G1 Z at the end of your print to lift the head, that can screw it up. You can still lift the head but use G0 instead of G1 (does the same thing I think).

Aha! Thank you, that is precisely the problem. I have a G1 Z100 in my ending script. I'll change that to G0 Z100.

• administrators

A workaround for that is to put a comment starting with upper case E on the end of that G1 line. I'm not sure that using G0 instead of G1 will make any difference.

• Found where I'd read that about G0 - it was here https://miscsolutions.wordpress.com/2014/06/11/five-tips-for-using-dc42-firmware-on-the-reprappro-ormerod/. No offence intended but if G0 doesn't work, maybe you should amend you blog David.

• Using G0 fixed the problem. Many thanks for the help.

• @dc42:

Those of you who are having Z probe trouble going from 1.15b to 1.15c, what probe type do you have set in M558, and how do you have the probe connected?

Any more thoughts on this issue?
    I know you are quite busy, and hopefully have a life outside 3D printing, so I understand any delay. 🙂

• administrators

Sorry I won't be able to look at this for several more days. I've already looked at the code changes in 1.15c and I didn't find anything to explain it.

If you wish, you could try connecting the fsr board to the Z probe connector instead of E0 and use probe type 5.

• Just code my board in the mail 1 week ago. had to print a Case. Got wired and mounted today.

Improvements:
    Stepper control vast improvement.
    Temperature control wall much stabler, terns off when the gcode changes the temperature wall its printing.

Working on reproducing it right now