SOLVED [SOLVED] hotend thermistor smart effector -273
giostark last edited by giostark
I decided to rewire some of my connection because sometime happen that the hotend thermistor go crazy during printing jumping reading and make the nozzle rise the temp till over 350degree... I suspected a wrong wiring of the thermistor.
Now this is nice, between the smart effector and the board there are two piece of wire. Before the modification , from the board there was a near 80cm of double wire and the last 20cm with two arduino cables till the smart effector (T1 and T4 pins). The reading of the temp was accurate apart that error mentioned before.
The 80cm double cable was connected to the arduino cable with a black jack. The two pins of the arduino cables inserted in this jack. So not a solid solution.
Then I decided to solder the 80cm to 20cm wire and now the temp report -273. I thought that eliminating all the connection could solve the problem , instead now is even worse.
But the funny think is if I grub with lots of strength the two soldered point the temp rise till +15 degree !!!! If i leave the soldered part or if I just lower the pressure the temp return to -273. Is like my body act as resistor...
How I must connect the board to the smart effector? A direct cable? Section of this cable? Can I solder the crimped pins inside the jack that go on the board and on the smart effector or I must leave them just crimped?
I hope that I didnt have damaged the thermistor just soldering the two pieces of wire ....
Thanks for any tips!
Can you show some photos of what you've done? I'm having a hard time picturing it.
giostark last edited by
You are right, my English is poor and without pictures became really hard imagine...
Now i'm on mobile and it is late. Tomorrow i'll post pictures. Probably the connector on the smart effector are bad soldered. I'll check with the multimeter. Could be a cold soldering or cooked wire...
It does sound like a cold solder joint, but I can't picture where it is.
giostark last edited by
Yo Phaedrux !
So... the culprit was not the soldering between the 80cm and the 20cm of arduino but the soldered pins in the smart effector jack... (the bad pins - for remove it I damaged it a little but one seems cooked)
Probably the arduino wire are too thin to be used in this case.
Now I have substituted all the wire with ones thicker and re-soldered all the connections and... seems to work everything. (temp, and calibration)
I have to finish the work but I'm going on...
So I can conclude that was a bad wiring . Solved! (hope didn't get still the spurious over shot temp , in case I'll open a new post)