General Information About Setting Up a Large Heated Bed
danyzillla last edited by
I am relatively new to building large printers, and I am setting up a very large 3D printer (roughly 1m x 2m x 1m build area), which is heated by 8 heater pads. As such, I am intending to power them off a separate power supply from every other component, and have a few questions:
- How does the Duet3 6HC control heated beds, and can I control 8 pads separately?
- What components would I need besides the Duet3 6HC, heater pad, thermistor, and power supply? I have heard that MOSFET drivers are useful.
- Is it possible to use two power supplies with the Duet3 system, powering the heated beds separately?
Thank you in advance!
mrehorstdmd last edited by
@danyzillla Power supply? With that large bed you're going to need a LOT of power. Go with line power. Heaters don't care if you give them AC or DC. Using a regulated supply to power a heater is a waste of money (for the giant power supply that will be required).
- You can control up to 12 bed heaters with RRF for Duet3 MB6HC, subject to having enough outputs and temperature sensor inputs in the system.
- A zero-crossing DC-AC solid state relay for each independently-controlled zone.
- As @mrehorstdmd says.