PanelDue Firmware 3.3.0 released
finally we manged to build a new official release.
Big thank you to all who helped testing, reporting bugs and bringing up new ideas!
Release Notes 3.3.0
This release requires RepRapFirmware 3.3 or later.
Version 2 (after August 2016) and Version 3 PanelDue are supported.
- added Russian translation
- added support for emerging backlight mp3302 chip
- renamed 'Print' tab into 'Status'
- added slicer time
- added simulated time
- removed layer time
- faster and consistent display of printer status
- display IP address of printer in Setup tab
- adaption to changes of object model
- allow assignment of fans, extruders and heaters to multipls beds, chambers or tools
- added debugging interface to write debugging information as gcode comments to the reprap uart
- increase request timeouts to constant 2s
- added support for new printer state cancelling
- deactivate screensaver when a new M291 message arrives; S0 and S1 leave the screensaver active, S2 and S3 leave screensaver deactivated until user action
- gracefully handle parsing errors in M409 K"<key>" requests
- show warning instead of error when JSON parsing errors occur
- fix displaying of percent sign
- fix displaying of M291 dialogs
- fix sending filename in M37
- fix unresponsive screen when showing m291 message while screensaver is active
- fix updating of simulated time left during print
- fix displaying of standby temperature row
- fix state reporting in JSON parser warning
- fix polling interval handling of printer
Downloads and flashing instructions:
Binaries can be found at https://github.com/Duet3D/PanelDueFirmware/releases/tag/3.3.0
Flashing instructions can be found at https://duet3d.dozuki.com/Wiki/PanelDue_Firmware_update
oozeBot last edited by
Thank you for this release. Overall, everything appears to be working well, but we just noticed an issue. The popup for setting temperatures is not modal - the buttons below it (control, status, console, setup) can still be clicked. I haven't checked if older firmware does this, but we've never experienced it before upgrading to 3.3.
@oozeBot thanks for reporting.
created an github issue for your reported problem. Any development will be reflected there.
@oozebot AFAIR that is normal and deliberate behaviour since before version 1.24. You don't have to close a popup dialogue in order to change page. The popup dialogue will be cancelled automatically.
oozeBot last edited by
My mistake.. I guess there isn’t a cancel button, so it shouldn’t be modal, but switching tabs when accidentally clicking elsewhere felt off. Surprised I hadn’t run across this before.
Perhaps it can be considered for an enhancement. Thanks
resam last edited by resam
Is it just me, or is the
Babystepbutton on the
Setuppage a few pixels to low in Y-axis?
(thick straight red lines added via photo edit app on top of a smartphone photo)
PanelDue v2 5.0
All the other buttons seems to be nicely aligned in rows and columns, but this one is off... Happy hunting!
Hey @resam, thanks for reporting. I created an github issue which will reflect any further development on this topic.