BlTotouch and Duet

• Hi,

More issues… while solves the problems i am having with Mini Ir Probe, i have decided to install BlTouch....but dont works.

Someone sees some error...

I am followed this guide, located in facebook group for TLM Duet users:

RESULTS

A - When start printer, BlTouch blinks and deploy/retract
    B- But…. When execute a macro from deploy or retract, the same error message

[[language]]
    M98 P0:/macros/BlTouchDeploy.g
    Error: Invalid servo index 3 in M280 command

The contents of macro "BlTouchDeploy.g" is:

[[language]]
    M280 P3 S10 I1

One posibility… is that PIN8, its no H3...

Some ideas?
    Help for someone working with BlTouch in Duet.

P.D.: Trace in rear BlTouch is cuted, and i have tested there isn't continuity

• administrators

That error message suggests that you don't have the M307 H3 A-1 C-1 D-1 command in config.g. Try sending M307 with no parameters. If that line is present and working, the response should be "Heater 3 is disabled".

• hi,

this have in config.g, i have copy from guide….

[[language]]
    ; BL-Touch
    M307 H3 A-1 C-1 D-1 ; reserve pin 21 for M42 or servo use
    M558 P5 X0 Y0 Z1 H5 F100 T2000
    G31 P25 X0 Y0 Z1.083; Set Z probe trigger value, offset and trigger height
    ;INCREASE VALUE WILL LOWER NOZZLE CLOSER TO THE BED, DECREASE THIS VALUE
    WILL RAISE THE NOZZLE FROM THE BED

• administrators

…and what response do you get if you send M307 with no parameters?

You may have a M307 H3 command in config-override.g too. If so, delete it.

• Eeee…

No response, double check...

update...

Now, when send by console Retract and Deploy. Nothing happens
    And BlToucn after start, rest lighted

• I follwed this guide to get my bltouch working: https://betrue3d.dk/bltouch-on-duet-wifi-duetreprapfirmware/
    The only thing I needed to change was adding the I1 to the end of the deploy/retract commands.

• i have followed this guide too.. and nothing, don't works…

I do not know if the behavior is normal.
    When I turn on the printer, the BlTouch, makes a test, the tip comes out and picks up, two or three times. When this test ends, a red light remains on.
    Is it normal for this red light to stay on?
    It sounds to me that this indicated an error. Do not?

• No, it is correct if it stays red after the initial self test. Mine does that too and works fine.
    If deployed the led is off, and when I tip it / it gets contact to the plate when probing the led turn red again.
    (I have the bltouch smart)

• Hi,

thanks to all, and sorry for disturb….

Mistake mine, how no.....

Whats the mistake...

i was conecting (BlTouch- Orane pin - Ctrl) to (Duet -Expansion socket - PIN 7) and.... NO, BIG NO its in PIN 8

This is correct: (BlTouch- Orane pin - Ctrl) to (Duet -Expansion socket - PIN 😎

Thanks to all, and sorry

• Another question…

When i have instaled Mini IR sensor, the field (Z-Probe) of web interface, chage when Mini IR was triggered...

With BlTouch, this field, have to change? or show any valor?

• administrators

I think the bltouch produces just a short pulse, so you probably won't see the reading change in the web interface. To test the Z probe, with the probe a long way above the bed, send G30. Then hold an obstruction below the bltouch to trigger it. If triggering the bltouch doesn't stop the Z movement, turn off power to the printer or use emergency stop before it reaches the bed.

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.