Cura filement usage v duet

• Hi , Im printing a test print with Cura which says that it will use 12 metres of filament , but duet says 32 metres . Ive tried the E Step calibration test which looks to be about right ?
    I`m using a titan aero , which is using a 3:1 gearing so is it calculating the filament based on stepper motor steps ?

• Duet uses relative extruder moves by default (M83).
    Cura uses absolute extruder moves by default (M82), are you sure both are setup the same?

• That 12:32 happens to be the ratio of 1.75 to 2.85 squared so I suspect that Cura thinks the filament is 2.85 dia.

• administrators

The Duet gets the filament usage from a comment that Cura wrote near the end of the GCode file.

• @burtoogle:

That 12:32 happens to be the ratio of 1.75 to 2.85 squared so I suspect that Cura thinks the filament is 2.85 dia.

That seems more plausible, the OP did not specify if actual the print was OK

• Hi ,

hat seems more plausible, the OP did not specify if actual the print was OK

Yes it printed more or less correct a little Z axis problems with a layer slip , but not that bad for a set up print.

I checked cura, Printer Machine > extruder1 , 1.75mm filament which is correct and a .4mm nozzle.

he Duet gets the filament usage from a comment that Cura wrote near the end of the GCode file.

o.k looked at the gcode in a text editor and what it says at the bottom of the screen is different to what`s imbedded !!!!

;FLAVOR:RepRap
    ;TIME:40953
    ;Filament used: 32.0279m
    ;Layer height: 0.2
    ;Generated with Cura_SteamEngine 3.2.1
    T0
    M190 S60
    M104 S210
    M109 S210
    M82 ;absolute extrusion mode
    G28 ;Home
    G1 Z15.0 F6000 ;Move the platform down 15mm
    ;Prime the extruder
    G92 E0
    G1 F200 E3
    G92 E0

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.