[Off topic] Help with PETG

• Hi,

I put my doubts here, although I know they are not from here, in case someone can give me some idea.
    So far I have always printed with PLA and ABS, but after reading about the PETG, I have decided to try it.
    The first impressions with PETG went well, but after dismantling and assembling the Hotend, I am having problems with the printing of this material. Get printed approximately 2 and a half layers, and then jam in the extruder. Always the same, once stuck I do a "cold pull" and I can see in the tip of the filament that I extract a pile of material ... as if something had plugged it. As a result of clogging, loss of steps in the extruder, the material "slips" and is not extruded
    I have tried several things, one of them is to print without layer fans ... With similar result.
    The truth is that I do not know what it can be. I put here the parameters that I use, in case you can give me ideas of things to try:

Extruder: Nimble
    Hotend: Prometheus v2
    Slicer: Cura 3.2.1
    Layer: Height 0,16 mm
    Hotend Temp: 245 C
    Bed Temp: 70 C
    Speed: 30 mm/sec
    Jerk: 0,5 mm
    Layer fan: I have try with 25% and NO layer fan
    Retraction Speed: 18 mm/s – Works with ABS and Nimble extruder

What can try? What can change?

Thanks in advance

• Solved....

I have change slicer software....

• Changed to which one?

• Simplify 3d

• I can assure folks that there is no problem using Cura to slice PETG prints. I use PETG a lot and only use Cura and do not ever suffer from extruder jams while printing.

• @burtoogle it's clearly settings related.

@peirof It would be helpful to know what the difference in settings was from one to the other. Jams would hint at retraction being too aggressive maybe?

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.