inductive probe

• I have an NPN probe I'm replacing my bltouch clone with.

The clone works 95% of the time, this means mesh compensation is a bit hit and miss, literally. 🙄

A quick question, can I pick up the 12v from the permanently on fan connection. I can't see any reason why not but better safe than sorry , which is why I'm asking.☺

Thanks in advance

• administrators

@stewwy said in inductive probe:

A quick question, can I pick up the 12v from the permanently on fan connection.

Yes, you can.

• Great subject, thanks! Would that also work with a 24V power supply using VIN for the fans and a SN04-N?

The SN04-N has the following markings:
    BN-10~30V
    BK-NPN-NO
    BU-0V

• Well it worked for me, thanks ☺

@TLeTourneau don't forget the diode on the signal lead

• @stewwy thanks! I am just trying to find a source where I don't have to get a 50 pack of them. 🙂

• got mine for £2 for 5 x bat42 from ebay and they are always useful for this sort of thing

• Would a 1N5818 Schottky work?

• administrators

The diode isn't needed if you have a version 1.04 Duet, but make sure you connect the sensor output to the correct pin of the Z probe connector (the one labelled IN).

And a 1N5818 would work.

• @dc42 Thanks! I've connected the probe with the output (black wire) going to the Z Probe In, the negative (blue wire) going to the ground connection on the Z probe header and the positive (brown wire) going to the positive on an always on fan header. I have a V1.04 board so I did not use the Schottky although the BAT43's did arrive today :). The probe light comes on when the bed is near, now I just need to work out the configuration based on the information in the wiki. Thanks again for the help!

• administrators

In the M558 command in config.g use either P8 or P5, and also use I1.

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.