M109 S180 ;preheat hot end preventing it to move the print form the bed
    G91
    G0 Z5
    M280 P3 S160 I1
    M280 P3 S10 I1
    G28 X Y
    G0 X35 Y-35
    G30

It seems working but the temperature of HE remain at 180 even during print and I have manually to rise to the previous temp
    How can I obtain the right height to put in H param?

Another question :
    I have a 2 x 24 power supply one reserved for bed, is technically possible to raise a bit hot end in case of power failure? Something light this will work?
    G91
    G1 Z5 F3000
    M83
    G1 E-5 F3000

Last question:-)
    Would be possible insert on the power line a big capacitor for give some more juice during power failure procedures?

thank you
    Andrea

• I have a bltouch also, but I don't use it in the resurrection macro. I home to z max endstop then continue if that makes sense. Hopefully that's what your after.
    I also had to use a UPS as I didn't have enough juice left to move up out of the way. I just used the battery on light through an optocoupler to an end stop and pause the print

• administrators

@claustro said in I am having trouble setting resurrect-prolugue.g:

I have a D-bot 300x300 autobed level with bltouch
    How I can setup resurrect-prologue.g

Could this be ok?
    M109 S180 ;preheat hot end preventing it to move the print form the bed
    G91
    G0 Z5
    M280 P3 S160 I1
    M280 P3 S10 I1
    G28 X Y
    G0 X35 Y-35
    G30

It seems working but the temperature of HE remain at 180 even during print and I have manually to rise to the previous temp

The temperature will be set before resurrect-prologue.g is called. You just need to do M116 in resurrect-prologue.g to wait for it to be reached, as https://duet3d.dozuki.com/Wiki/Setting_up_to_resume_a_print_after_a_power_failure#Section_Setting_up_the_sys_resurrect_prologue_g_file says.

How can I obtain the right height to put in H param?

Which H param are you referring to?

Another question :
    I have a 2 x 24 power supply one reserved for bed, is technically possible to raise a bit hot end in case of power failure? Something light this will work?
    G91
    G1 Z5 F3000
    M83
    G1 E-5 F3000

Last question:-)
    Would be possible insert on the power line a big capacitor for give some more juice during power failure procedures?

You can connect a big capacitor across the PSU output terminals to provide an extra power reserve.

• @dc42
    Thank you for answering me.
    Regarding the h parameter maybe I saw , a different version of the wiki page. The one you pointed me is very clear. I seems to remember it would be possible to specify an H parameter in case the bed in the resume probe point has a different Z height but maybe I am wrong.

In your opinion what specs the capacitor should have to fit the job?
    Thank you, very kind as usual.
    Regards
    Andrea

• administrators

I would try something like this https://uk.farnell.com/epcos/b41231a7229m000/cap-22000-f-35v-alu-elec-snap/dp/1839286.

On a Cartesian or CoreXY printer, you can turn off the X and Y motors near the start of the power fail script, to conserve power for the E and Z motors.

• I'll make some tests to the gcode.
    regarding the capacitor could be a cheap idea for obtaining a little bit more juice .
    I can simply install it after the power supply no other component needed right?

• administrators

That's right, just make sure you get the + and - terminals the right way round.