BL touch correct offset when homed...too high when printing

• Hey everyone, I finally got my duet working on my upgraded ender 3 but I've been having the same issue for the past 3 days and just can't get it working.

I have a duet 2 wifi with a BL touch sensor.

I've set the Z offset following betrue3d's guide. When I home the Z axis then go to Z0, the nozzle is at the right height, but when I run the mesh grid compensation and then try to print something, the nozzle is always around 0.5mm too high off the bed.

-Z babystepping won't work because the nozzle won't move past Z0.
    -Setting a negative Z offset in slic3r doesn't do anything.

I'm completely lost and don't know whats causing this issue...
    Any help will be appreciated,
    Andrew

• administrators

1. How exactly are you homing the Z axis? Please post your homez.g and homeall.g files.

2. To allow baby stepping below where the firmware thinks Z=0 is, change the Z parameter in the M208 S1 command in config.g to a value below 0, for example -1.0.

• Use G31 in config.g. Measure the offset of the probe from the nozzle in both X and Y axis and the Z offset to compensate, in my case the probe is 0.7mm lower than the nozzle.

G31 P500 X-4 Y-41 Z0.7 ; Set Z probe trigger value, offset and trigger height

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.