1.17x & M665, M666

• All, for all of the versions of 1.17 I've been noticing some weird behavior with the calibration system.

Basically, when I start the machine up, it doesn't seem calibrated. I've even taken to just running a calibration on my mechanically stable delta every time I power up. I never had to do that with 1.15 or 1.16. I've been living with it but I noticed a weird behavior today that may have some relationship.

After boot up, the first time I call M665 and M666 in a g-code console, it returns nothing. The second time it's fine.

Maybe my problems are user error but I'm not sure why it would be different now!

• administrators

I have known the gcode console in DWC become unresponsive occasionally. Refreshing DWC fixes it.

• administrators

Lean regarding having to redo the calibration each time - do you have something in config-override.g that could be throwing the calibration out (e.g M666 with the wrong parameters?)

• @dc42:

I have known the gcode console in DWC become unresponsive occasionally. Refreshing DWC fixes it.

I wasn't very clear in my text. The web console is fine. The first time I run either of those g codes the response is just the gcode. Meaning that if I type M665, I get a response of M665. The second time reports the parameters.

• @T3P3Tony:

Lean regarding having to redo the calibration each time - do you have something in config-override.g that could be throwing the calibration out (e.g M666 with the wrong parameters?)

I'll have to check but I'm 99% positive that I don't have a config-override. (Now that you mention it, I should go review the appropriate commands because that would be useful).

The first time I type the command, it just returns the M code. M665 returns M665. The second time returns the values I have stored in config.g. This isn't a huge deal and it seems that I'm the only one suffering from whatever this is.

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.