ANET A8 Configuration?

• Anyone configured the Duet 0.8.5 controller with the ANET A8?

• administrators

I suggest you use the config tool at https://configurator.reprapfirmware.org/ to build the SD card configuration and homing files. Alternatively, as it describes itself as a Prusa i3 printer, the configuration and homing files I provide at https://github.com/dc42/RepRapFirmware/tree/dev/SD-image/sys-Prusai3 should be a good place to start from.

• Thank you dc42. I'll give it a shot.

• @MKGC:

Thank you dc42. I'll give it a shot.

Just in the process of setting aNet A8 with a Duet WiFi. I'm struggle trying to translate the Marlin setting to ReprapFirmware figures for speed / acceleration etc., its the use of mm/s^2 and mm/m that get me confused. I got the below figures off another firmware. I'll let you know once I get them in a sensible format for my Duet. Also I, changed the wiring of my micro switches to follow the advice on the Wiki about having micro switches configured for normally-closed contacts.

#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE {300, 300, 2, 25} // (mm/sec)
    #define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION {3000,3000,100,10000} // X, Y, Z, E maximum start speed for accelerated moves.
    #define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION 200 // X, Y, Z and E acceleration in mm/s^2 for printing moves
    #define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION 3000 // E acceleration in mm/s^2 for retracts
    #define DEFAULT_TRAVEL_ACCELERATION 3000 // X, Y, Z acceleration in mm/s^2 for travel (non printing) moves
    #define DEFAULT_XYJERK 20.0 // (mm/sec)
    #define DEFAULT_ZJERK 0.4 // (mm/sec)
    #define DEFAULT_EJERK 5.0 // (mm/sec)

• Thank you X4TEC

• I've made some progress thanks to your posts and building a config file as you suggested, DC42, and have got my ANET A8 connected and the end stops are recognized properly including my SN04-N proximity sensor for bed leveling.

All steppers are moving in the correct direction and X and Y axis home properly, but Z axis will not home. When I select "Z axis home" or "all home," the Z axis just moves up about 5cm and stops. It does not lower and stop when the sensor detects the bed.

Any ideas on this Z axis homing issue?

• BTW,

M119
    Endstops - X: not stopped, Y: not stopped, Z: not stopped, Z probe: at min stop

So the controller seems to be able to see the sensor when triggered by the bed or metal object.

• administrators

You can use either a traditional endstop for Z homing, or the Z probe. Depending on your choice, you need different code in homez.g and in the Z homing section of homeall.g. See https://duet3d.com/wiki/Configuring_RepRapFirmware_for_a_Cartesian_printer#Homing_files.

• @MKGC:

I've made some progress thanks to your posts and building a config file as you suggested, DC42, and have got my ANET A8 connected and the end stops are recognized properly including my SN04-N proximity sensor for bed leveling.

All steppers are moving in the correct direction and X and Y axis home properly, but Z axis will not home. When I select "Z axis home" or "all home," the Z axis just moves up about 5cm and stops. It does not lower and stop when the sensor detects the bed.

Any ideas on this Z axis homing issue?

Sorry to butt into the conversation, but do you have one of those little cube z probes on your printer? I have one and according to mine, it has a 5v output, and the board takes a 3.3v input. I havn't set up my board yet, because I am waiting on a bltouch to come in the mail, but from what I read, you need to put a resistor across the signal to ground terminals to drop the v down to 3.3 if you wanted to use it.
    It seems that all the ramps style boards used 5v, but all the 32 bit boards use 3.3v, so z probes aren't exactly plug and play when upgrading to the smarter boards.
    If I'm wrong on that, somebody please let me know, because I'm pretty new to 3d printing myself.

• @dc42:

I suggest you use the config tool at https://configurator.reprapfirmware.org/ to build the SD card configuration and homing files. Alternatively, as it describes itself as a Prusa i3 printer, the configuration and homing files I provide at https://github.com/dc42/RepRapFirmware/tree/dev/SD-image/sys-Prusai3 should be a good place to start from.

Thanks for this link, just stumbled upon it. I thought I'd have to do all this through G code and was a little intimidated by the process, this really simplifies things for me. My board will be here monday, can't wait to get it set up!

• @MKGC:

Thank you X4TEC

Hi MKGC,
    How have you got on with your aNET A8? Can you share the config you applied?

• @X4TEC:

@MKGC:

Thank you X4TEC

Hi MKGC,
    How have you got on with your aNET A8? Can you share the config you applied?

i also wouldn't mind your config.g files for my ANET since, i am struggling to get the homing working properly.

I have replaced the ZProbe with a standard mechanical switch.

Please share

• sorry for awakening this topic but in the proces to transfer my A8 to AM8, .. and in the mean while, also replacing my faulty original mainbord for a Duet.
    The configuration of this board also gets my beginners-brain terrified.

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.