Printing stops after a few hours

• Hi
    I was printing a file and my printer stopped part way through and showed the fault :-

Error: Cannot read file, error code 1.
    Cancelled printing file ShortABS_Lion_Head.gcode, print time was 3h 22m

This is the second time it has stopped after printing for a few hours, this is with 2 different files and the time was not exactly the same but perhaps about 3 hours the first time and as you can see 3h 22m the second time.
    What does error code 1 mean and what are some reasons why it would just stop reading the file.
    Thanks for any help.

• Hi
    Sorry for not including this info in the first post.
    My printer is a diy corexy the controller is Duet 2 Ethernet

Firmware Name: RepRapFirmware for Duet 2 WiFi/Ethernet
    Firmware Electronics: Duet Ethernet 1.02 or later
    Firmware Version: 2.02RC1(RTOS) (2018-08-31b4)
    Web Interface Version: 1.22.3
    My config 0_1550956108785_config.g
    I have checked and read all the posts I could find on this subject but I could not find any answers.
    Thanks

• @buetuser If the firmware can't read the file, then it might be a corrupt SD card? Someone else might have a better idea but I suggest you try another SD card. If it happens again, run M122 and post the results - that might provide some information.

Oh, and it might be worth upgrading your firmware from RC1 to 2.02 stable but I doubt that's the cause of your problem.

• administrators

Upgrade to the 2.02 release, and if it happens again (or you don't want to risk another print), replace the SD card.

• Thank you for responding. I have now upgraded to 2.02 release and I will order a new SD card. I hope this solves the problem.
    Is there a particular SD card that is recommended for use with the Duet 2?
    Thank you for any advice.

• administrators

Any good brand SD card should do, speed class 4 or higher. Format it with the highest cluster size possible, which is normally 64kb or 32kb.