Magnetic Filament Sensor Updates?

• Any progress updates on this as it seems to have gone quiet? I'm really interested in the mentioned potential for this to provide an automatic linear/non-linear extrustion correction.

• I'm also interested, I am pretty fast at making the measurements and I like the results and the graphs but it takes a while to make them manually, I would love to have them automated or at least not manual.
    0_1553389662923_NonLinear-Compensation.png

• administrators

Yes there has been progress. We have prototypes of a new mechanical mechanism and slightly modified electronics to go with it.

• Thanks for the update, that's great to hear. I'm sure after a careful initial calibration this will make a massive difference to the consistency of the machines.

• I would assume the Magnetic Sensor will be better in being able to pick up more plastic types, but is there a pros/cons spreadsheet comparing both the laser and magnetic sensors? Would there be any cases where you would want both sensors because of those pros/cons? (not sure if you could use both at the same time)

• Magnetic sensor: Considerably more reliable/accurate/robust. Also more expensive.

• Just checking in to see if there are any updates on the magnetic sensors?

• administrators

We are still testing the new prototypes.

• Interesting that Prusa has abandoned this whole idea and gone another way. I think they went back to a mechanical switch.

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.