So this is now fixed! The mosfets were damaged. The ones I had are black so they are very difficult to see the damage till I took the board out of the printer.
I ordered the newer ones from Digikey before the storm, so they Monday.
I can say this is the first time I replaced such a small part on the board, but with enough patience and practice on a scrap board it is completely do-able without expensive gear. I just have a regular $50.00 iron and a very small tip.. I then just dragged it over the ends and the solder stuck!
it was just pretty strange the under-voltage issue with the broken mosfets... not sure how long they were blown as the heater fan I have is 5v and it was pulling 4.4v for awhile.
Thanks again for your help!