Dear Duet Community and Duet Developers
First of all, please let me thank you all for all your effort and support!
Right now I'm working on a hangprinter built which could be described as a version 4 HP but with Nema23 instead of ODrives.
Because we are planing to implement a ceramics printing head we decided to go for Nema23 (without smart steppers) instead of Nema17 motors and we had to switch for a 24V support. Knowing of HPv4 and the utilization/possibilities of a Duet 2 board to use the Nema23 as well as Hangprinter support, we decided to use the Duet 2 Wifi.
We tried out the hangptinter supportet main Duet RRF as well as Torbjørn's RRF fork with specified binary for hangprinter.
Both firmwares seem to be lacking some support for our setup, though:
Main RRF has newer overall firmware (3.15 at the moment instead of 2.15?) but rather basic considerations of hangprinter needs.
Torbjørn's RRF fork binary and corresponding config.g-file come with specific implementations from experience of earlier HP versions on things like line buildup compensation, spool-radius, spool-/motor-teeth, advantage with double lines, specific parameters in gcode etc. etc. etc.
But it is also primarily written with ODrives in mind.
Since we used the on-board TMC2660 drivers (X, Y, Z, E1) and not external drivers or smart steppers, we managed to get the Nema23 working individually in both cases but we still have some questions, we would like to ask:
Does someone here happen to have a similar use case of running Nema motors on a Duet 2 board for a hangprinter built?
(1) What RRFirmware do you use and how have you adjusted your config.g file?
(2) What Firmware would you suggest for our setting (Duet 2 Wifi + Nema23)?
(3) How have you mapped your motors to the drivers? (XYZU like suggested by Duet or rather ABCD as in Torbjørn's config.g?)
(4) It confused me, whether it is a problem - e.g. for translation of linear (Cartesian) coordinates (from gcode) into non-linear (e.g. hangprinter, delta-printer) coordinates - having the same naming of motors and axes?
Speaking of which:
(5) What routine do you use to generate gcode for your hangprinter (from .stl-file to gcode)?
(6) What slicer or software-combination do you use?
Very excited about and very thankful for any reply!
Thanks a lot!
ps: We also posted an analogue request in the reprap-hangprinter forum :).
Re: Hangprinter help on duet 3