Creatbot F430 transformation. Question directly DC42

• Hello. Im recently buy CreatBot F430.Good printer, with excellent mechanics and horror electronics. The main problem at the moment is the fact that the native level sensor (Origina BLTouch) when the camera warms up goes into an endless error until you cool it. Is your optical sensor stable to high temperatures?

• I will clarify. The other day, directly in your store, I bought a full set of accessories to replace my relatives. Level sensor, two temperature sensors, main board and screen, as well as laser filament levels. I plan to throw out my own electronics that are buggy and put yours. But I do not want to get it again, the same problems with the sensor.

What i have right now. Its 8-bit with custom source closed marlin. 0_1566720410479_IMG_20190709_115656.jpg

• administrators

@ffnull, the IR sensor is rated to 85C. Be aware that it works well on some surfaces and not well on others. In particular, it only works well with a glass bed if the glass is not coated with glue stick, hair spray etc. and it has a uniformly coloured (preferably matt black, definitely not mirror) surface underneath it.

• @ffnull said in Creatbot F430 transformation. Question directly DC42:

The main problem at the moment is the fact that the native level sensor (Origina BLTouch) when the camera warms up goes into an endless error until you cool it. Is

i assume that you mean the hotend and not a camera.
    from the pictures the bltouch is quite a bit away from the hotend. so the bltouch should not heat up.
    see if adjusting the grub screw in the bltouch helps.

• @veti bltouch overgeating from bed, and camera chamber

• @dc42 Thank you very much for the answer. The original sensor overheats from the heating table and the camera warms up. The surface is black glossy carbon. Under carbon black glass

• @ffnull said in Creatbot F430 transformation. Question directly DC42:

Its 8-bit with custom source closed marlin.

closed source marlin is against the gpl. You can demand the source and they have to provide it.

• @Veti they mean the heated chamber (camera == chamber).

• you could make this out of abs
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3303618
    it works like a bltouch

• ffnull, I think you may have a defective sensor, or possibly a wiring issue. I have an F430 using the stock sensor and I always do the bed mesh with the chamber and bed at temp; I have not had issues with the sensor even when the chamber is at 70c and the bed at 120c.

Note that the F430 has a converter for the gantry wiring (small board bottom left of your image) that--to the best I can figure--ramps up voltages for transmission over the ribbon cable, then steps down at the extruders. So, there are a lot of electronics between the main board and the actual bed sensor which could be causing trouble at temperature.

I am also about to start a Duet conversion on the 430, along with some motion redesign (to get Y and Z steppers out of the chamber). I agree; great hardware, horrific electronics!