RepRapFirmware 3.0 is released!

• administrators

What temperature does Driver Temp show in DWC while you heat the bed?

• @dc42
    0.0°C

• administrators

@Hornetrider said in RepRapFirmware 3.0 is released!:

M106 P2 H3:H4 T48:60 C"MCU FAN"

I've just spotted the problem. You are using:

M106 P2 H3:H4 T48:60 C"MCU FAN"

but it should be:

M106 P2 H3:4 T48:60 C"MCU FAN"

Sending M106 P2 would have revealed that it was monitoring sensors 0 and 3.

• @dc42
    thx!
    I'll give it a try later today and get back to you.

• @dc42
    now everything is like it should be... thx a lot!

• I have several duet 2 wifi’s on deltas and a railcore Zl and have converted the deltas to rrf3. I decided to put a maestro on a Frankenstein Ender 3 Pro that had a bltouch and v6 on it ( I first tested it with a spare duet wifi I had on hand using 2.05 and that worked perfectly). So I installed the maestro and tested using 2.05. No problems. I then upgraded to 3.0. All works perfectly except for deploy and retract probe. I added M950 S0 P”zprobe.mod” before my M558. I then changed the deployprobe.g and retractprobe.g to M280 P0 S10 and M280 P0 S90. When I went to homez, the probe didn't deploy. I tested issuing the commands in the console. Nothing. I searched here and saw that someone said they had to put the M950 command again just before the M280’s in deployprobe and retractprobe. I tried that and it works perfectly. There is no config-override file so nothing is undoing the original M950 in config.g. Any ideas on why this is happening? Thx for any help.

• That are the lines for my Maestro.
    Already on RRF3.01b

M558 P9 C"zprobe.in" H5 F120 T3000
    M950 S0 C"zprobe.mod"

• administrators

@4lathe said in RepRapFirmware 3.0 is released!:

I have several duet 2 wifi’s on deltas and a railcore Zl and have converted the deltas to rrf3. I decided to put a maestro on a Frankenstein Ender 3 Pro that had a bltouch and v6 on it ( I first tested it with a spare duet wifi I had on hand using 2.05 and that worked perfectly). So I installed the maestro and tested using 2.05. No problems. I then upgraded to 3.0. All works perfectly except for deploy and retract probe. I added M950 S0 P”zprobe.mod” before my M558. I then changed the deployprobe.g and retractprobe.g to M280 P0 S10 and M280 P0 S90. When I went to homez, the probe didn't deploy. I tested issuing the commands in the console. Nothing. I searched here and saw that someone said they had to put the M950 command again just before the M280’s in deployprobe and retractprobe. I tried that and it works perfectly. There is no config-override file so nothing is undoing the original M950 in config.g. Any ideas on why this is happening? Thx for any help.

In 3.0 the Z probe defaults to using probe.in+zprobe.mod. You need to use
    M558 to make the Z probe use just zprobe.in. Only then will zprobe.mod be free to use in M950.

• @dc42 here is my config.g
    M950 S0 C”zprobe.mod”
    M558 P9 C”zprobe.in” H4 F120 T2400 R0.5
    So are you saying I must place the M950 after that M558?

• Just tried that. Works fine. Might be worth a comment somewhere to tell people that M950 has to be after the M558 since it default assigns both.

• On another issue, I upgraded to 3.01 no issues. I also upgraded to dwc 2.0.5 but in the system page it still shows 2.0.4.

• Sorry to post on this again, but used the version on chrishamm’s github page and it now shows 2.0.5.

• administrators

@4lathe said in RepRapFirmware 3.0 is released!:

On another issue, I upgraded to 3.01 no issues. I also upgraded to dwc 2.0.5 but in the system page it still shows 2.0.4.

Thanks, I'll check which version I included in the release.

In 3.01 there is no default Z probe, so the ordering issue between M950 and M558 should not arise.

• @dc42

I just updated from 2.0 to 3.0 on a corexy, I used the online configurator, but the stallguard does not work, the cart does not stop, while in 2.0 it worked perfectly.

In config,g i've put :

; Endstops
    M574 X1 S3 ; configure sensorless endstop for low end on X
    M574 Y1 S3 ; configure sensorless endstop for low end on Y
    M574 Z1 S2 ; configure Z-probe endstop for low end on Z

and in homex.g (for example) i've put:

M915 P0:1 S0 R0 F0 H400; both motors because corexy; Sensitivity 10, don't take action, don't filter, 400steps/sec
    G91 ; relative positioning
    G1 H1 X-325 F1800 ; move quickly to X axis endstop and stop there (first pass)
    G1 X5 F6000 ; go back a few mm
    G90 ; absolute positioning

• administrators

Try upgrading to 3.01beta. I have a CoreXY tool changer running 3.01 with stall homing working on X and Y.

Also, try running M98 P"config.g" to see if it generates any error messages.