Tool Fan selector in Duet Web Control

• I have the following set in config.g using firmware 3.01-RC1 and DWC 2.0.7
    M950 F0 C"Fan0" Q500 ; create fan 0 on pin fan0 and set its frequency
    M106 P0 H-1 C"Cooling" ; set Tool fan. Thermostatic control is off
    M950 F1 C"Fan1" Q500 ; create Extruder on pin fan1 and set its frequency
    M106 P1 H1 T45 C"Extruder" ; set Extruder Fan. Thermostatic control is turned on
    M950 F2 C"Fan2" Q500 ; create System fan on pin fan2 and set its frequency
    M106 P2 H10:11 T35:55 L40 C"System" ; set System fan. Thermostatic electronics cooling

The Dashboard show "TOOL FAN" and " COOLING" buttons
    both of these entries run the part cooling fan, I only need one entry but I cant find where the "TOOL FAN" is defined so I can change or remove it.
    I only really need to have my cooling fan just show as COOLING

any ideas?

• administrators

The tool fan number is the one defined in the F parameter of the M563 command for the current tool. The default is fan 0. The point of the tool fan slider is that in an IDEX machine or tool changer, you don't need to worry about which fan the current tool is using.

You may prefer to omit the name "Cooling" from your M106 P0 command so that the fan doesn't show up twice.

• Tried that I now have 2 buttons "TOOL FAN" and " FAN 0"

• administrators

@appjaws said in Tool Fan selector in Duet Web Control:

Tried that I now have 2 buttons "TOOL FAN" and " FAN 0"

In Duet Web Control 2.0.7 there is a "Change visibility" link that you can click on to select which fans you want to be visible.

• I am using Duet Web Control 2.0.7 but can't find the "Change visibility" link
    Where is it?

• administrators

3e2a94f2-6030-4336-94d3-fea7ad298cde-image.png

• Thanks for your reply @dc42,
    This is the Dashboard screen, as you can see it lists the "TOOL FAN" and " FAN0" buttons.
    They both do the same thing but I can't remove either of them and still have a working fan
    DWC-1.jpg

This is the Status screen with the "TOOL FAN" not selected and the "FAN0" selected

DWC-2.jpg

• administrators

One for @chrishamm I think.