Connectors for flexible testing

• I want to build a test printer where I can test different steppers and other components. For switching I want to use connectors between the wire from the Duet and the wire of the stepper. Are there recommendations which connector systems I could use?

It would be nice if the connector is of a type which can be assembled and disassembled easily by an automated process later (like a robot gripper).

The connector should tolerate at least 5 A.

• @JoergS5 amphenol military connectors I use on few printers are great for this purpose but are expensive (more expensive than most printers). PRC version of same connectors is not nearly useful nor easy to use

• @arhi Thank you for the proposal, I'll check it. They are expensive however, because I need multiple connectors for testing.

I thought about something with Pogo pins, but I prefer a commercial connector.

• what kind of insertion force, accuracy and locking mechanisms are acceptable?

and just the 4 pins รก 5A?

• @JoergS5 said in Connectors for flexible testing:

@arhi Thank you for the proposal, I'll check it. They are expensive however, because I need multiple connectors for testing.

you can sometimes score them second hand unused ... e.g. these a friend found for fraction of cost:

820b8254-29aa-44b4-820c-4d9eefe04fee-image.png

I thought about something with Pogo pins, but I prefer a commercial connector.

I'm trying to design something with pogo pins for the extruder for years and never came to a solution I like ๐Ÿ˜ž

I use PRC connectors myself ๐Ÿ˜ž ... they are much harder to solder than original's, do not nearly last as originals but are fairly cheap

I love these
    77f23d2c-25c0-4343-8a37-70b6c638228e-image.png
    they are 5A rated but I was running 10A for 5 hours for test without any issues ... and they are dirt cheap

sometimes I use these, but these you have to be careful when plugging and unplugging and are nightmare to solder but still dirt cheap
    5e3efe05-02e1-4e4c-84ba-5062fd25c681-image.png

These PRC ones are great, only they are not cheap and they are very big/bulky, so I use them on big machines but are not really useful for 3d printers as the connector is huge ๐Ÿ˜ž .. and they are expensive
    c1578a8d-c0e4-480f-9a02-8ddc6f3d62b1-image.png
    5010d89b-9996-42b7-aa47-84d2c865a728-image.png
    fe6d443e-25e5-40a7-8f25-cd49578bf7a4-image.png