Z trigger height

• Hi all,

Probably a very silly question, but I am in doubt right now, so please bear with me...

On my Marlin Machines, I use the following start G-Code to set the Z-Probe Offset:

M851 Z-0.32 ; set z probe offset

On my Duet machines, I have the value hard-coded to the config.g file.

My question is: can I also set the probe offset on the start G-Code also on the Duet Machines? I am assuming that much, but I just want to be sure...

BTW: I know that on Duet is called Trigger Height and is calculated differently...

• yes you can issue the G31 command just like the M851 in marlin

• @Veti thanks for the confirmation. If I add it on the initial Gcode, I can adjust it more rapidly, without having to reboot the board.

• @FelixH

I can adjust it more rapidly

yes it takes effect without rebooting, but you need to do a new home

Perhaps using baby stepping would be more appropriate, then you wouldn't need to rehome.

https://duet3d.dozuki.com/Wiki/Gcode#Section_M290_Baby_stepping

• @FelixH said in Z trigger height:

@Veti thanks for the confirmation. If I add it on the initial Gcode, I can adjust it more rapidly, without having to reboot the board.

I have a pair of macros (print_begin.g and print_end.g) that are called (using M98) by settings in the slicers I use.

Two of the things that happen in print_begin.g are a call to a macro configprobe.g and then a call to a macro probez.g

The Z trigger height setting happens in configprobe.g using G31.

So if I need to change it, I just edit the file and then subsequent prints use the new settings.

No need to re-boot, no need to home.

Frederick

• Thank you all for your inputs.