Ringing on prints
i think your slicing settings are way off .
what slicer are you using ?
pkos last edited by
I remember having similar quality issues on my hevo back in the day.
I can't remember what exactly fixed the problem, but first thing I did was to check my belt tension and replaced my belts (I used those white reinforced belts, which was a big nono).
Then I made sure they were tight, but not so tight you can't really push them out and more importantly - they have to be equal length (down to the tooth) and equal tension.
Then I made sure prints were square (using a calibration slat) and finally, I made sure the extruder was calibrated and also the filament itself (things like extrusion multiplier, pressure advance, destring).
And then, the printer started printing amazingly well
Maybe one of these hints will help you if you haven't done them yet.
Just in case, here are the tools I used:
Can you share your factory file please
RAM last edited by RAM
@pkos thanks for the suggestions. I cant work out what it is. I have checked the belt tensions and I am not using them reinforced white belts with metal strands as I had read that they give problems.
I have even gone back over the mounting points to make sure that nothing had come loose and that the idler pulleys were all freely spinning to the point I even printed new idler pulley mounts and changed them over.
only thing I haven't done yet on the calibration things that you mentioned is the pressure advance tuning and the calibration slat.
I will try the calibration Slat but I am still trying to get my head around the pressure advance tuning thing before I even attempt it.
pkos last edited by
Right, then first make sure you do the slat - that makes sure you are printing square.
Then, do extruder calibration, extrusion calibration and only once you have that - then attempt PA If you have a direct drive, PA won't help much.
hackinistrator last edited by hackinistrator
I slightly changed your profile , can you test it ?
(rename file to .fff instead of txt)
please print the cylinders one at a time , not both at the same time .
for some reason your speed is set very slow at 20mm/s , why ?
i changed it to 45mm/s and reduced acceleration , if you have some kind of issues . if its a problem set speed back to 20mm/s
other changes should not effect your printer . the profile seems very old.
are you using the latest s3d version ? (they didnt update in years and probably dead , but still your profile config looks like it was created before the latest version)
if you have time try my profile for single cylinder .
@hackinistrator yep I am using v4.1.2 which is the latest. I am more than happy to try a different slicer even though I am not familiar with other slicers. I did used to use Cura years ago when I 1st got my Hictop in clone but ended switching over to Simplify3D as I found I was getting better prints using it.
I am doing the 20mm cylinder now and I will do the 40mm after to see what the difference is. So far it is looking really good. Haven't a clue what you changed but it seems to be doing the trick so far. Fingers crossed and it will have solved the issue.
@hackinistrator whatever you changed seems to have worked wonders. I will delete the other profile and run with what you have done for me.
Only thing that I would like to do is try and minimise the seam line a bit more but if that is all I have to contend with I will gladly put up with that.
If you have any other suggestions to improve it further I would be very grateful.
Blacksheep99 last edited by
Give Prusaslicer a go. I’ve moved to it from Cura and I’m impressed with it
i set very conservative acceleration and jerk setting in the profile i sent you (i thought you are limited to 20mm/s from your original profile) . in S3d those values are under post processing script , as this 150$ software didn't add simple acceleration and jerk settings
i also think you should move away from s3d as they are going nowhere it seems .
for easy transition you can try ideamaker .
as much as i hate S3D as a company , i still find it useful for multi process and sequential printing .other then that , prusaslicer , ideamaker and cura , all of them much better now .
@hackinistrator yea the original was a TPU profile I was setting up but I didn't realise I had exported that profile, I will use what you sent me as it is so much nicer and seems to have removed that pause as well at the end of each move.
I will have a go using your settings but upping the printing speed to 70mms and also try prusa slicer and see how I get on with it.
I know Simplify3D were meant to be releasing a v5 but I am not paying again to do the upgrade and by the looks of it, the Prusa Community for the Slicer is really powering the slicer forward.