I am having an interesting bit of confusion going on with my two Duet2Ethernet boards. Oneoperates differently than the other in terms of the PWM controls for the part cooling fan, but the printer setups are identical. For the first one, I can change the operating frequency in the config.g file from 1 to 1000 Hz and it works at different all different speed settings, no problems. The second one only works with operating frequency of 1 to 10 Hz to be able to operate at all different speed settings. If I change the frequency >10 Hz, the fan only works at the 100% speed setting. This would be fine if the fan cooled the same on 10 Hz (second board) as the one at 250 Hz (first board), but it does not. I can hear the fan trying to start up, it creates a buzzing, but even "kick starting" it with a little spin doesn't get it going.
Troubleshooting I tried:
- Changing the fan port on each printer and the fans function the same.
- Voltage from each PSU is 24.0 +/- 3 V (it seems the boards don't pull constant loads from the PSU and it fluctuates a bit). Changed voltage to 25.0V and still same results.
- Tried swapping fans between the printers and even using a third fan (going on a different board and printer). Same issue.
- Tried starting at 100% and working the speed down, and after 90% the fan stops.
- Changed electrical outlets and circuits. Same issue.
- I tried working the port a little and ran the print fan for an hour, and that didn't do anything, to change the frequency range.
- Just in case it was causing an issue, I also replaced the fuse. Issue still occurs.
Any idea what is causing the variance? Which board is operating correctly? I don't like the idea that I'll have to create two different profiles between identical printers, besides the fact that one board is clearly not operating correctly and could lead to other problems in the future.