I know that the ASMBL is not meant for milling the whole part, thats why I'm milling very slowly.
My steps are:
- Homing with the print head connected and an selected (Tool 1 in dwc)
- printing the part
- swapping to the milling tool/Tool 4 in dwc (without homing)
- milling the part
I did this a few times. The gcodes for milling and printing stayed the same. I didn't copy those codes together but used them individually, as they came out of Cura and Fusion360.
The reason I did this is to dial in the offset for the milling tool. The printhead/Tool 1 has no Offset in X/Y (G10 P1 X0 Y0 Z-0.50). The offset for the milling tool right now is G10 P4 X-14.49 Y4.14 Z-17.00
At first I thought the problem was the gcode from Fusion360. So I wrote the milling-gcode by myself. But the problems stayed the same.
So my next step was to check if the toolchanging system had a problem. I printed and milled the part and then changed to the printhead again. I moved the printhead a few mm in every direction and then switched to the milling tool again. I milled the exact same part, that I milled before, again and noticed no deviation. This should mean, that my toolchanging system has no significant tolerance.
Thats when I started the tests as described above. Since my first post I have got more test/measuring results:
deviation in Y [mm]:
deviation in X [mm]:
I will try the test you proposed and report back with the results. But I'll still thing that homing should not matter.