Duet3 with PINDA 2 probe setup

• I have been scouring the forum for any advice on using the PINDA 2 probe (with thermistor) with the Duet3, it seems that there are some use cases with previous duet boards but I can't find much regardingthe Duet3. I know that RRF3 supports the use of z probes with thermistor, but I was hoping someone could give advice on wiring and configuration.

Can the IO pins deal with probing and thermistor data, or do I need to spit the wiring into two headers, probing into IO pins and separate thermistor wiring into the temp pins? Do I then need to use M308 to configure a sensor that uses the thermistor, then specify that sensor to provide the temperature compensation in G31?

Thanks!
    Xavier

• administrators

@Xavier said in Duet3 with PINDA 2 probe setup:

... or do I need to spit the wiring into two headers, probing into IO pins and separate thermistor wiring into the temp pins? Do I then need to use M308 to configure a sensor that uses the thermistor, then specify that sensor to provide the temperature compensation in G31?

Yes to all of that.

• Ok great thanks, one last question, as the ground pin for the probe is already grounded, will I be good to go if I just put the white temp cable into the temp pin, or do I need to duplicate the ground cable to ground via both connectors?

@Xavier Did you ever determine the grounding requirement?

Can you share your final wiring and configuration?