I’m trying to commission a new scratch-built delta, which is running a Smart Effector connected to a Duet 2 Wifi. While I have used a similar configuration in the past, I have never set one up. The Smart Effector is brand new, while the Duet 2 Wifi is old and came to me second hand (and running RRF version 2, which I upgraded).
I’m having issues with both my thermistor and the Smart Effector’s Z-probe. In DWC, the nozzle is reporting -273 degrees. I’m assuming that this means it isn’t getting a signal. Also, whenever I try to run the Delta calibration command (G32), I am told that the Z probe is not detected.
It seems the probe is working on the effector, since I can tap the nozzle and the green LED lights up in response. This also suggests that the power is getting to the effector fine (so at least 2 of the wires in that connector work).
I’m guessing that the issues are in either the way I have connected it, or the software settings. I have also checked the wiring for continuity issues, and it seems that is all fine (but doesn’t exclude the possibility that I have plugged in in to the wrong location). I’m also no expert in configuring RRF, so I may have screwed that up somewhere, despite using the configuration tool, where all I seem to have needed to do was select the right probe type, so I think I got that right.