i want to show you what i modified about my first 3D Printer.
I'm a technician and IT-Specialist/Project manager out of germany. Because of a healing wound i'm at home since Dec 2019 and i'm sitting in a wheel chair. But that wasn't a reason to stop the project "Predator". Happily i have a feeling for technics in general.
In October i bought an Anycubic Predator. It was my first 3D Printer ever. I first printed in PLA and researhed about the quality of that predator, I found out that this machine in general has some issues. So it was clear to me that i need to modify the machine. I made an Excel Sheet to know how much i hat to pay and how much i would have to. Also i got with that sheet a buyers list. and that one has grown rapidly. I work with Cura and with 3D Builder to remix models.
I planned to exchange the original Trigorilla Pro Board by a Duet2Ethernet- The Effector should be exchanged by a SmartEffector because of the Z-Probe. I did want to reseat Filament Sensor and also change the Extruder. I changed the steppers towards three Nema17 with 65ncm. The thermistor was changed to a PT100. The Fans where substituted by SunOn's. The mechanics went over to linear rails with (additionally) MagBallArms by Haydb Huntley. The original Ultrabase was changed to a magnetic springsteel with Buildtak and also Buildtak PEI sheets applied. When i started i decided to substitute nearby all cables with ones with silicone insulation in the size of AWG20. I did want to rebuild it in logical groups step by step.But then the chaos started. The lackered V-Slots lost their color and so they got uneven. My starting point was the Blog of Jay_UK. Quite a good point for. But i did not copy at all. I also have an enclosure and new feet (Tennis ball ones) made. He's not finished yet.
Till now the project did take over 4 months. As the Predator was my only 3D Printer i first did print all the parts in PLA+ by Sunlu. Now, in a last step i print all the parts in 3D Jake NiceABS and exchange the PLA-ones. Nearby finished (He's printing again since a few days) i already think about changing a few topics. I think about using a Duet3 Board instead of my Duet2Ethernet. Also i think about switching over to a direct drive extruder (Orbiter V1.5). Also i will have to remix a big amount of parts to get the changes into an integrated state. I.e. i have printed parts mounted on printed parts.
There are a few more things to do especially on configuration (i.e. speed of printing) and macros. But he is working now. After he is finished up a bit more i want to build a kit like RatRig V-Core or a HEvoRT.
At the starting point i did want to build two PC Case to hang them onto a wall. Additionally two water radiators for the cooling and soume cases for the cables etc. I did want to buy a small printer to get an own built. Now i'm still stucking at that "small printer"...