@o_lampe @deckingman The post-processing solution might just work but will need to figure out how variables work here better.
I've tried out the 3-way swap and ran into an issue, I'll walk through the current flow:
- Home the printer with Z motors assigned to Z
- Assign all the Z motors to U and do a relative G1 H2 U0.1 move right after to energize the motors.
- Assign the actuator to Z and probe the bed.
The problems with the current flow are as follows:
- When doing the G1 H2 U0.1 move after the reassignment to energize the motors there's a slight period where the motors are not energized and the gantry falls just a bit before they are. The falling is a problem, to begin with, but energizing the motors while it's falling would result in massive back emf.
- Right now I'm without the actuator logic this is what I'm using to level the bed:
G30 P0 X180 Y310 Z-99999 ; probe near a leadscrew fl
G30 P1 X180 Y1160 Z-99999 ; probe near a leadscrew
G30 P2 X1190 Y310 Z-99999 ; probe near a leadscrew
G30 P3 X1190 Y1160 Z-99999 S4; probe near a leadscrew and calibrate 4 motors
The issue is with the last line, since executing the gantry leveling is automatic at the last line which does not give me a chance to remap the 4 Z motors to Z.
Is there any way to split the execution of the leveling from the last line (S4)