D-bot reworked, very happy with results achieved



  • I would like to say thank you to this forum and in particualr to @deckingman @mrehorstdmd @Phaedrux for the help in rebuilding my d-bot.
    I switched to 3 lead screw using deckingam setup. The bed is guided by only two carts on opposite angles of the printer each cart is made of 3 wheels.
    I choose to use a bed with 3 levelling screws ( in the future I would switch to levelling the bed by the lead screws) the levelling screws is mounted using mrehorstdmd setup .
    The bed is a 330x340 die cast pei covered 8mm thick. I switched to a 220 volts heating element from Kenovo
    Now I cna print on 100% of the bed surface and I swithced off the
    This is my first real print and I ma very happy with it I also disabled mesh grid compensation that for now seems useless

    I still have to tweak a lot of stuff but the start seems promising!!
    0_1565538882505_20190811_094329 (Piccola).jpg
    2_1565538651298_20190811_094340 (Piccola).jpg 1_1565538651298_20190811_171116 (Piccola).jpg 0_1565538651297_20190811_171140 (Piccola).jpg
    0_1565538725202_20190811_171128 (Piccola).jpg



  • Nice!

    Put a bead of high temperature silicone around the edge of the bed heater (per the Keenovo manual) or be prepared for it to start peeling off the bed plate in a year or two.



  • Well done. Another great example of using the DBot as a base for further refinement.





  • @mrehorstdmd said in D-bot reworked, very happy with results achieved:

    Nice!

    Put a bead of high temperature silicone around the edge of the bed heater (per the Keenovo manual)

    Thanx for the suggestion I saw about silicone on the manual I have to buy it!


Log in to reply