D-PATCH

• Hey guys,

after countless hours and multiple iterations, I would like to present to you the D-PATCH (Delta Printer with automatic tool changing). To my knowledge there is no Delta Printer available with tool-changing. I have been working on it for over 2 years (started in March 2018) and I am proud, that it is now a reality.

As you can see it’s not completely finished yet, because the actual tool changer is missing, but is in the making. A prototype is existing already.

Stats about the Printer:

Print volume: 300x300mm

Available tools: 5 (for now)

Board: Duet 2 Wifi + Duex 5

Power Supply: 24V 13A Meanwell

Security: Circuit breaker + RCD +Emergency Stop

Bed: milled aluminium bed with 600W mains heater switched with SSR

Print surface: Magnetic bed

Tool-Changing: Automatic and Manual

Control: PanelDue

I will updated the tread when I make more progress.

I'm really curious about your opinions and please let me know if you have any questions.

Adrian

Gesamtaufbau_v2_2020-Mar-02_09-34-09AM-000_CustomizedView3252534879_png_alpha_transparenterHintergrund_zugeschnitten.png

20200406_200605_geweißt2.jpg

20200406_191357.jpg

Effektor_unten.jpg

Effektor.jpg

• Added a cover for the electronics compartment and fixed the bed. The bed sits on 1 Standoff and 2 Balls, so that the system is constraint but thermal expansion is allowed.

20200508_201458.jpg

• @taconite Nice work! I have no experience with Deltas but I'm definitely interested in how the tool changer works out.

• FANTASTIC. I was thinking about going down this road...

You've posted a lot of info and pics, and I will be looking at them very carefully, meanwhile TELL US MORE!!!

This is incredible. Fantastic. Superlative. Nifty. I'm running out of words (at least without cheating on the web) and I hope I've conveyed just how cool this is.

Bravo!

Now, to look at your pics!!

• Would you be willing to post the tool macros?

• @gtj0 thank you :), I will keep updating this post with news

@Danal Thank you very much for your kind words. It feels good to hear, that people like it 🙂
    What else would you like to know?

I have not completed the tool macros for this machine, yet but I can upload the ones for the prototype