@Chriss said in Microswiss settings?:
I really appreciate every input I can get. I understand that it is hard that not all of us have English as there native language and not everything is always communicated.
Back to the "mission":
What I did so far:
I confirmed this morning that the e-steps are OK.
I played a bit with the retraction and I'm at 1,5mm@30mm/s (not my current focus) Btw: The step skipping is gone since the PID auto-tuning.
I play with temperatures between 190 to 220 at the moment.
I have some adhesion problems with the current setup right now. I'm more and more convinced that the change of the z-probe to a IR-Probe and the migration to a micro-swiss was not the best decision in my live. I will fix the relation between the z-probe and be bed (again) before I take any further care of the hotend.
The learning curve drives me nuts.
I'm really wondering what the adhesion issue is all about...are you running the standard Creality thermistor and heater cartridge? Is this CR10 running the standard motherboard or a Duet board?
Unless I'm mistaken, the Z probe sets the first layer height, then the layer heights after that set by Z stepper esteps.
I am definitely NOT the one for programming, but it seems that your temps may be way off. Have you installed your thermistor and heater correctly and are the secured snugly in the heater block?
1.5mm retraction might be a little low for bowden, but 8mm certainly seemed way to high. If it hasn't made a big difference, it suggests the problem is elsewhere.
Also, to reduce stringing with PLA, don't use "Z hop" and set your free movement speed to 120mm/sec. Your machine should handle that easily if the rollers are adjusted correctly.
As PLA will print well at anything from 190-220 degC, I'm thinking there's a major problem with the heating/temp measurement. As you have been working on that area changing the hot end, it might pay to check all the components and connections there for correct installation.
If you've changed to a Duet board, it might pay to check you have entered the right values in your config file for the thermistor and heater cartridge. You'll need someone else to help with that, not my area of expertise sorry.
**And I am sorry, I didn't realize English wasn't your first language and I didn't mean to sound frustrated. I am happy to help if I can.
It can be hard to help sometimes if the person wanting help is jumping from one thing to another...in this hobby you really need to "start at one end" and go step by step. If you skip a step, the problem keeps coming back in one form or another.
I also saw in your other post that you got a v-core kit...mine just arrived yesterday, I haven't had a good look at it yet.