Yeah 3.x just sounds like a whole lot of configuring to avoid some copy pasting. Thanks all!
..I guess "if it ain't broke it doesn't have enough features" comes to mind..
if its a machine you tweak then 3.1.1 is a worth while upgrade imo, and far less hassle than it was before 3.1.1, the online configurator and community as a whole matured to the level its currently at.
reverting to 2.x is pretty simple if you keep the old config as well (I've used bossac and ftp for going back and forth which is bulletproof when testing the earlier versions)
i would like to know too. i just got a webhook setup with the duet discord notification by @sindarius it works well to an extent as I see the notification from my phone but only if I were to go look for it. it doesn't come up as a pop up.
So I just did another print that turned out nicely (with 1-300% tolerance so I'm not pausing constantly) and ran a 591 after it finished
Duet3D magnetic filament monitor on input 3, enabled, sensitivity 25.78mm/rev, allow 1% to 300%, check every 5.0mm, version 3, mag 129 agc 114, measured sensitivity 25.92mm/rev, min 64% max 105% over 11571.1mm
@Tony-Owens basically I it comes down to different takes on what would cause artifacts. I do not think my frame will cause issues. It's all 2040, not particularly big, metal corners, strapped tightly to the table with ratchet straps, and gains some additional stability from the 6mm Plexi attaching each tower to both neighbors the whole length of the tower. My thought is I'd best minimize artifacts by minimizing the moving mass on the effector/arms/belts. I'm currently using a flying effector attached via elastic to the carriages and happy with the results but want to see how fast I can get quality prints, and that bouncing on mass isn't going to help at higher speeds. This plan takes keeps the Bowden very short, but moves the mass of the extruder to a completely separate motion system. I'd share 2040 but otherwise it's weight is not shared to the hotend, different belts, arms, carriages and rods. I don't think sharing a frame is going to impact the effector personally, but am always open to other views!
Weirdly, I can't reproduce this now. Earlier I had the typical relative code in my config, which I tried to overwrite by running the absolute E code as a macro and it seems that it doesn't take. Once I put it in config.g, it seems to work fine. At least I think that's what happened, anyway, all's well that ends well!
Currently the only endstop available on extruders is motor stall detection. However, you can create a temporary additional axis that uses the extruder motor, then you can home that axis using an endstop switch.