They are maybe 2 inches now, before they were about 300mm. Changing the length had zero effect.
Its an original module V2, I have long since worn out the old pots and have replaced them with 25 turn pots.
Adding 25 turn pots did nothing as well.
For VR1 it wont go to 0.4Mohm. The only thing im able to measure is 175K to 2K ohm
I did have it bed mounted but figured it was too noisy so its been moved to the print head. I also followed your suggestion on have a second piezo to cancel the noise, I dont see any changed. Tapping anywhere on the printer its picked up
I would check the calibration potentiometer. Adjust it as per the documentation. It is a good idea to make this adjustment, at the temperatures you would normally use when probing the bed. So if thats with heaters off, calibrate with heaters off and vice versa. Piezos do change sensitivity when heated or cooled, its a very sensitive instrument.
Thank you for investigating this.
I don't use the bltouch anymore so I can't give a fast feedback if you have found a fix.
I can mount the bltouch again for testing it, but that may take a few days then.
Yes I think getting rid of springs can help. Play around with probing speeds too. Too slow and you don't get a trigger, too fast and you lose accuracy. Sorry for not picking up this one earlier I've been away travelling.
Hello @pogo1213 . Is it the Orion groove mount STL you want? If so, I can provide that and also a modified version that I am currently using because the original did not fit well and was also too flexible.
Orion groovemount original stl + my hacked version
It seems that my caliper takes off measures above 140mm and I didn't noticed the first time (I mostly use it to take extremely small measuers). The homed height defined on M665 was higher by a couple of centimeters. Also the H parameter on M558 was too low, so all added up, the probe was expecting to trigger below the bed. I used a more analog method to take measures and it helped to solved the issue.
My biggest mistake was to think that the probe will trigger at any height regardless of the other parameters, so I didn't think about checking the heights on those commands. Once you point me in the right direction I was able to quickly solve this issue.
@saadiqj I mean that where you use G1 S1 Z-370 to move the bed use G30 to call for a probe instead.
Here is my HomeAll.g for comparison.
; called to home all axes
; BLTouch prep so we don't catch the probe pin on the edge of the bed
M280 P3 S160 I1 ; Alarm Release and Push-Pin UP just in case it's in alarm and deployed
M402 ; Retract probe just in case it's down
; Home XY for Z homing
G91 ; relative positioning
G1 Z5 F200 S2 ; Lower bed 5mm to ensure it is below the switch trigger height
M913 X50 Y50 ; set X Y motors to 50% of their normal current for homing
G1 S1 X-375 Y305 F4000 ; course home X or Y
G1 S1 X-375 F4000 ; course home X
G1 S1 Y305 F4000 ; course home Y
G1 X2 Y-2 F1000 ; move away from the endstops
G1 S1 X-10 F200 ; fine home X
G1 S1 Y10 F200 ; fine home Y
M913 X100 Y100 ; set X Y motors to 100% of their normal current
; Z homing section follows
G90 ; absolute positioning
G1 X190 Y90 F4000 ; Move x and Y axis over to bed center so probe is on top of bed
; Set lower speeds for homing
M566 Z5 ; Set maximum instantaneous speed changes (mm/min) (Jerk)
M203 Z350 ; Set maximum speeds (mm/min)
M201 Z100 ; Set maximum accelerations (mm/s^2)
; Probe the bed
M558 A1 F350 ; Set single probing at faster feed rate
G30 ; Do a single probe to home our Z axis
M558 A10 F100 ; Set tripple probing at slower feed rate
G30 ; Probe again to get a more accurate position
; Set normal speeds again
M566 Z60 ; Set maximum instantaneous speed changes (mm/min) (Jerk)
M203 Z600 ; Set maximum speeds (mm/min)
M201 Z600 ; Set maximum accelerations (mm/s^2)
; Move X and Y back Home
G1 X0 Y270
I think I have found the reason why the probe wasn't working right, as I had the M558 and the G31 in the wrong order. RTFM!
To specify which probe you are setting parameters for, send a M558 command to select the probe type before sending the G31 command, or use the T parameter.
So, fingers crossed, it's working OK now.
In theory, it could all be client side. For example, Chilipeppr works this way*. In practice, that would be a huge change to CNCjs.
As a "never before had a pull accepted", I feel it would be prudent to "go with the flow" for the moment, and add native Duet support to the way CNCjs is structured. After that, add a TCP/IP connection option.
And… there is always the Windows, Mac, and Linux stand-alone versions. No server is needed at all. With those in play, I'll say that "all browser side" is somewhere between third priority and no real need to do it at all.